Thursday, October 14, 2004

News...

Today I started my new job and I feel glad for the change and the new beginning... I hope that I will be able to work on some interesting corporate capability projects very soon. The first four days, however, will be settling into my new role. On Wednesday, I'm going to Melbourne to see my family. My beautiful twin, JC, is the most amazing person and I miss her very much. It will be wonderful to see her, and my parents, and to spend time with my adorable nephews R & K. I can't wait!!

Last night I went to Verve Bar for a few celebratory/farewell drinks. Verve is one of those wonderfully comfy, underground haunts. Located in the basement of the Metro Arts Centre, on Edward Street, it is a place of ambient lighting, exposed brick walls laiden with art work, wooden tables and groovy beats. I first went there with my friend RC, who is now working in Darwin for the DPP. I miss RC - she is such a creative and intelligent little soul - so witty and unique. It was great that RC was living here in Brisyland when MQ & I made the move - her friendship, and that of WG, made those early months of transition so much easier. Anyway, Verve was great, and I was inspired by the art work!! I had been making my own cards, using hand-painted Japanese paper, and some of the art works utilised the very same paper! When I get back from Melbourne I plan to get back to my card making. I also plan to take the wonderful MQ to Verve for a few drinks and eats. I love my MQ so much!!

1 comment:

Laziest Girl said...

Pleiades' Girl - I think you should post something new - now I am being forced to ring you when I want to know what's happening!